[Infographic] : The State of Mobile Marketing 2016
JBH (a UK-based content marketing agency) in conjunction with SimilarWeb and SmartInsights, has released an infographic about the state of Mobile Marketing 2016. This infographic has underlined how and why mobile marketing is important in digital marketing environment.
According to the Mobile Marketing Association, the worldwide mobile marketing trade association, mobile marketing can be defined as: “a set of practices that enables organizations to communicate and engage with their audience in an interactive and relevant manner through any mobile device or network”. Arno Scharl & al. have also explained that Mobile marketing offers direct communication with consumers, anytime and anyplace.
Some of the piece’s highlights include:
- In January 2016, 65% of the top shopping traffic came from mobile.
- In a period of 18-months, 64.7% of Google’s visits were from mobile devices (approximately 9,526,762,000 visits)
- Mobile accounted for 62.7% of Facebook’s traffic (4,221,836,000 visits)
- Mobile app usage grew by 59% in 2015
Theses insights show that Mobile takes a big place in Digital Marketing traffic. Brands should definitely adopt and implement a real Mobile Marketing strategy.
Jayson DeMers, a contributor of Forbes, has suggested four Mobile Marketing Strategies to engage and boost sales :
- Optimize for micro-moments: People want immediate action in order to get instantaneous answers.
- Use QR codes to streamline user experience: One of the most popular uses of QR codes among consumers is for comparison-shopping.
- Use hyper local marketing to connect at the city and neighborhood-level: Focus on specific geographical locations (like neighborhoods or even specific streets;
- Use SMS marketing to connect with users on-the-fly: Offer a significant discount can attract your target people and Publicize sales & events.
Is your marketing team prepared for mobile success? Dive into all of the stats below!