Social Marketing and PR
According to Australian Association of Social Marketing (AASM) , Social Marketing is regarded “as development of marketing concepts and their integration with other approaches, which is able to influence individual and collective behavior in order to reach social interests”. Mahdi Moslehi, Mehrdad and al. suggests that Social Marketing involves adopting a social strategy to effectively encourage individuals to change behavior.
These social comportment can be integrated with PR (Public relation). For Public Relations Society of America, “Public Relation is a strategic communication process that builds mutually beneficial relationships between organizations and their publics.” So, many factors like social media has motivated customer habits to change their way of thinking. In this circumstance, customer online has more power to decide how he or she can buy to get a product or service.
The Social Pros Podcast site invited David Meerman Scott, Marketing and Sales Strategist for Freshspot Marketing, to discuss the latest edition of his bestselling book, “The New Rules of Social Marketing and PR,” news jacking, and the unification of sales and PR/marketing.
This podcast explains different rules organization/companies should integrate in their business plan in order to communicate and to engage people on the web and social media. Social media sites like Periscope and Snapchat changed the traditional marketing and PR. So, organization must focus on a good strategy to deliver to customers in order to response customers need.
In This Episode, you would able to understand :
- How unguarded, collaborative networking with peers in your industry can lead to success for your own business;
- Why the shift in PR and marketing timelines means an opportunity to cut out the media middleman and reach your audience directly;
- How overzealous influencer marketing can actually alienate your audience;
- Why authentic employee advocacy is an important part of any company’s social media plan;
- How news jacking can lead to more sales and a growing business.